Thursday, September 17, 2015

All About Mrs. Place...

Welcome to the 2015-2016 School Year!!
I am so excited to be starting this school year at BCI teaching 5th grade Math and Science!
I wanted to share a little about myself with you.

I am originally from Virginia and have been in TX for almost 30 years.  I grew up in Grapevine, attended Grapevine High, and went to the University of North Texas.  I was on the drill team and ran track in high school and was a member of Pi Beta Phi Sorority in college.  I have been married for 18 years, to my husband, and high school sweetheart, Brandon.  We live in Keller.

We have been blessed with three children that are my world.  I have a daughter, MacKenzie, that is 16 and just got her license!  EEKK!!  She is a sophomore at Timber Creek High School and is a cheerleader.  I love watching her cheer at the games and perform during their competition season.

My son, Landon, just turned 14 and he is an 8th Grader at Trinity Springs Middle School.  He is definitely my athlete.  He plays football and select baseball for the Dallas Mustangs.  We spend an enormous amount of time on the weekends at the baseball fields, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I NEVER miss a game.

And finally, my youngest son, Cason, just turned 4.  He is the light of all of our lives.  He keeps us all young, on our toes, and constantly laughing.  His personality is epic!!  He adores his brother and sister which I just love witnessing. (well most of the time :))
When I am not with my children I enjoy shopping, decorating, traveling, photography, and enjoying spending time with our friends.  This is my 20th year to teach.  I have taught 6th grade in Arlington ISD for 3 years and 5th grade in Grapevine/Colleyville ISD for 11 years,  I then taught 5th in Keller at Chisholm Trail for a year and then 4th grade at Eagle Ridge for a year.  I stayed home for a while with my youngest and jumped back into teaching 3rd Grade in Grapevine Colleyville for the past 3 years.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to be back in my FAVORITE grade teaching your WONDERFUL kiddos at the amazing Bear Creek Intermediate.  What a wonderful place to be. We are going to have a great year!!!

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to email me at melanie.place@kellerisd.net.  My conference time is from 1:55-2:45.






No comments:

Post a Comment